The All-Terrain T/A KO ("KO" for Key benefit On- and Off-road) is BFGoodrich's On-/Off-Road All-Terrain light truck tire developed to meet the needs of pickup truck and sport utility vehicle drivers who want confidence and control on and off the road. The All-Terrain T/A KO was designed to deliver go-anywhere traction along with outstanding durability and great wear.
The BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO features a computer-optimized, high-void, aggressive all-terrain pattern with interlocking tread blocks and siping that provides maximum traction and handling without generating excessive road noise. "ShoulderLock" upper sidewall traction bars maximize aired-down performance by provide the clawing action necessary to develop traction and steering control in deep dirt and sand.
The tire's internal structure includes dual steel belts atop BFGoodrich's TriGard (3-ply polyester cord sidewall plies) construction for sturdiness and durability. Single strand beads (a single strand of bead wire is continuously wrapped multiple times until the desired strength is provided) enhance the tire's fit to the wheel to improve uniformity and ride quality, while rim protectors molded into the lower sidewall help shelter wheels from off-road hazards, especially during aired-down operation.
• ShoulderLock™ technology (upper sidewall traction bars, 40% wider shoulder grooves)
• Dual-tread radius with advanced profile design
• Aggressive, high-void all-terrain tread design with interlocking tread elements, innovative siping and stabilized tread center
• Three-ply polyester carcass–TriGard® construction
• Two full-width steel belts
• Rim Protector
• Dual-compound tread
• High-strength single strand bead construction
• Raised white letter and black sidewall styling
• Maximized “aired-down” traction and steering control in deep dirt, mud and sand; more aggressive appearance; reduced noise; minimized hydroplaning
• Improved stress distribution (up to 12% increase in treadlife); enhanced resistance to irregular wear; better traction
• Excellent traction and handling on- and off-road; improved traction; and decreased stone retention
• Exceptional bruise resistance under the tread and in the sidewall
• Stiffer tread area for precise steering response and better cornering control; excellent puncture and bruise resistance
• Helps protect wheel and tire from off-road hazards, especially during aired-down driving
• Long life and increased durability
• Improved ride and increased bead strength
• Choice of distinctive raised white letters on one sidewall and black outline serrated branding on the other